What Are Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles?
Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles Are At The Frontier Of Modern Carbon-Zero Emissions Technology. These Vehicles Do Not Produce Any Greenhouse Gases And Are Powered By The Most Abundant Resource In The Universe Through Fuel Cell Technology.
Hydrogen Accounts For 75% Of The World’s Mass. This Makes It A Very Attractive Fuel Source As It Can Be Extracted From A Wide Variety Of Waste Materials As Well As Produced Cleanly Through Renewable Energy Such As Solar Or Wind Power.
How Does It Work?
Hydrogen Can Be Used To Power Vehicles Using Fuel Cell Technology. This Method Is The Leading Solution For Replacing Carbon-Based Cars As Western Governments Set Their Sights On Net-Zero Targets.
The Hydrogen Fuel Cell Works By Combining Hydrogen And Oxygen Which Creates A Chemical Reaction. The Energy Generated From This Reaction Is Used To Generate Electricity To Power The Vehicle. The Only By-Product Of This Process Is Water. As This Is A 100% Emissions-Free Model, Hydrogen Fuel Cells Are Considered To Be The Vehicle Of The Future For Both Personal And Commercial Use.
The Key Benefits of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Zero Carbon Emissions: Hydrogen does not contain any carbon, so the chemical reaction used to power vehicles through a hydrogen fuel cell does not produce any carbon. The only by-product is minuscule amounts of water vapour.
- They Are Quiet: Much like electric cars, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are quiet. This is especially important in big cities where vehicles are the leading contributor to noise pollution.
- A Longer Driving Range: Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles have a much longer driving range than electric cars. Electric cars can only travel around 270km before needing to be charged. Petrol cars can travel around 400-600km before needing to be refuelled. A hydrogen fuel cell vehicle can travel 750km before needing to be refuelled.
- Quick And Easy To Refuel: Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles do not take any longer to refuel than petrol or diesel vehicles. On average it takes 3-5 minutes to refuel a hydrogen vehicle, while an electric car takes 30 minutes to 12 hours to recharge.
- Hydrogen Is Abundant: Hydrogen is plentiful, and it is not limited to countries with fossil fuel stores. The fuel source can be produced by any country.
- A Growing Sector: The range of hydrogen vehicles is steadily growing every day as more and more companies begin to invest in the technology. The industry is forecasted to reach a valuation of US$46.89 billion by 2028.
- Cleanest Vehicle On The Market: While both hydrogen and electric vehicles emit zero emissions, electric cars are often recharged through greenhouse gas-producing energy sources.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Speak To Our Experts
We are passionate about helping businesses realise their full potential and connecting key players to drive impact at scale, so reach out if you have an idea or want to join us in the green energy revolution.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to join the hydrogen revolution today and receive exclusive investment opportunities.