What Is Compressed Hydrogen?
- High-density hydrogen storage.
- Existing gas cylinder and tubes for storing and transporting.
- Provides enough gas to power a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle for 500-600 kilometres before a refill is required.
- Scientists are developing lighter, composite cylinders and tubes that will increase the capacity to transport and store in larger volumes.
What Is Liquid Hydrogen?
- Has a 4.5 times higher density than compressed hydrogen.
- The storage solutions for liquid hydrogen are lighter.
- Liquid hydrogen allows for easy transport in large quantities to fuel stations.
- Liquid hydrogen can be used to power mass transit systems like buses.